THE ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
SENIOR STAFF MEMBERS:
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE: Mr Vineshsing SEEPARSAD
DEPUTY CHIEF EXECUTIVE: Mr Marveen RAMASAMY
ASSISTANT CHIEF EXECUTIVE: Mrs Madhu JOWAHIR – KASSEEAH
ASSISTANT CHIEF EXECUTIVE: Mrs Yasheeka MOLAYE
IT OFFICER/SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR: Mr Arvin NUNDLOLL
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT OFFICER: Mrs Tejwantee BOOLAUKY
Headed by the Chief Executive and assisted by his Deputy and the Assistants, this Department is responsible for the Management and administration of the day-to-day affairs of the Council.
Among others, the Department is also responsible for:
- Implementing Local Government policies, goals and objectives.
- Implementing Local Government legislations and other relevant Legislations
- Initiating and implementing programmes aiming at enhancing the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Council.
- Advising the Council in policy matters.
Under the Aegis of this Department, the Council of Beau Bassin-Rose Hill has:
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SECTION
Headed by the Human Resource Management Officer and assisted by a Senior Human Resource Officer and other clerical staff. It deals with the follows:
- Appointment & Promotion, Retirement & Pensions and application of conditions of service.
- Monitoring leaves & attendances, passage benefits, car loans, travelling allowances.
- Dealing with Industrial matters and discipline of staff.
- Management of occupational, health, safety and welfare of employees.
- Issue, control and care of uniforms and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Human Resources Planning career development & Training of employees in line with the Council’s objectives & requirements.
Headed by a Senior Committee Clerk and assisted by two Committee Clerks this section is responsible for:
- Recording of all minutes of proceedings of Committees
- Establishing calendar for meetings.
- Circulating the minutes of proceedings among staff and councillors.
- Ensuring timely dispatching of all notice of meetings etc.
As per Section 47 & 48 of the Local Government Act 2011, every local authority shall have an Executive Committee, comprising the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and 5 other members of the Council.
The Executive Committee shall be responsible for the determination of applications for Outline Planning Permissions (OPP) and Building and Land Use Permits and for the approval of the procurement of goods and services subject to the procedures and exceptions laid down in sections 117 and 160 of the Act.
THE INTERNAL CONTROL AND AUDIT SECTION
Internal Control is important to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and adherence to best practices, rules, and regulations as is part of day-to-day management. An essential part of Internal Control is Internal Audit which is involved in carrying out daily checks over all financial activities of the Municipal Council. Audit is also carried out in cash collection, expenditure, payroll, stores and cash book amongst others.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SECTION
The IT Section is responsible for the introduction, deployment, maintenance and upgrading of all Information Technology Infrastructures of the Municipality and to also advise the Council on all IT matters.